Friday, March 12, 2021

Blogs are...BUSY!

     I've read and subscribed to several blogs over the years. They mostly share opinions on things like books, products, or travel. I always felt it was one person just writing their opinion online to share with others. Reading the chapters this week for class, I learned that sometimes it takes a village to keep these blogs running. From things like keeping a publishing schedule to doing actual research for the blog itself. Research that could include surfing Google for keywords that people are currently searching for. I didn't even know you could do that! Suffice it to say, I have a lot to learn about blogging. Especially blogging for business. 

Also interesting was the definition of a "meme." 

Meme - an idea that is spread from individual to individual, culturally.

Now, in it's simplest form, I understand that. However, if you asked me what I thought it was, I'd say a picture with comical wording attached...

FUNNY MEMES!!! The 150 Funniest Memes Of All-Time! - Yellow Octopus

1 comment:

  1. I never imagined that it would take a village to run a blog. I always assumed blogs were run by one person who just spilled their guts on the internet every day. After only having a blog for two weeks, I can see now that is not the case! It is hard enough coming up with interesting content once a week, let alone doing research for content on Google.
    I appreciate you posting the definition of "meme." Meme's are so common on the internet today that it seems that is one of the most popular ways to communicate. You would hardly ever think of a meme as an "idea," as they seem to be silly pictures that are used to incite laughter. But if you really think about it, most memes are used to share opinions about a topic. It is a much more fun way to advertise your sentiment about a subject by using a funny meme, rather than ranting about it on the internet. Our culture and generation has an interesting, unconventional grasp on how to communicate ideas.

    ReplyDelete